Friday, June 10, 2005

Bear here ... testing, testing

Hey Cove,

Thanks for cc'ing me on the email to Dan. I wasn't sure how to post either. So ... copyrighting the songs ... yes, you can do that through the Library of Congress as long as the piece hasn't already been copyright, which, in teh case of the single, they were. Can't remember the publisher -- maybe Mercury itself -- on "Going Home" and "Skipping" but who ever it is owns the copyright twice times 28 years -- or maybe longer. I think the laws may have changed. Actually, I'm not an author on those tunes. It was Chas, David, and Danny. Chas is sole author of "Colors" as I recall. Can't remember how the rest went, but I'm pretty sure David wrote much of the music. This can get complicated. I was talking to Muff when she was at my house last weekend and we talked about the importance of getting a good entertainment lawyer you can trust. That's a hard call. At any rate, the reunion still sounds great. I'm down for that, regardless of anything else.

David: great to hear your "voice" on the blog. By the way, I think I have that photo you were asking about, of all of us walking abreast in Central Park. I'll look for it and if I find it I'll scan it and send it to Cove to post on the site.

Nova Express indeed!

Love to all,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home